Many people may know the TP-Link Archer MR200 and Archer MR400, which were available in the market for years. They can achieve download speed up to 150Mbps through 4G wireless network. Recently, TP-link presents a new router to meet the demand of faster 4G LTE connection. The new router model is Archer MR600, following the series of MR200 and MR400.
TP-Link Archer MR600 Appearance
The Archer MR600 is a 4G Category 6 Router, which could achieve download speed up to 300Mbps. If you had read our blog, you may know we had introduced many 4G+ Cat6 routers from Huawei. On this point, TP-link is walking very slowly on 4G LTE products. The design of TP-link MR600 looks similar to the predecessors, but there is some difference. The Archer MR400 external antenna is non-removable, but now the Archer MR600 could do. And the original antenna with the MR600 could be unscrewed so that users can install outdoor antenna or change the antennas.
The technical specifications of Archer MR600 are very similar to the two predecessors. It supports 4G LTE Frequency bands as below:
* 4G FDD-LTE: B1/B3/B5/B7/B8/B20/B28 (2100/1800/850/2600/900/800/700 MHz)
* 4G TDD-LTE: B38/B40/B41 (2600/2300/2500 MHz)
* 3G DC-HSPA+/HSPA/UMTS: B1/B5/B8 (2100/850/900 MHz)
The feature makes the TP-link MR600 could be used with almost all the network providers in Europe and Aisa. The Archer MR600 has a Micro SIM card slot on the back and will probably come with a format adapter. With support for 4G + Cat6 using Carrier Aggregation technology, you can maximize your 4G network at speeds up to 300 Mbps, plug in your SIM card and stream HD movies without interference or download files in no time. With the Archer MR600, you can connect up to 64 devices at the same time without having to worry about the connection.
Regarding the WLAN features, TP-link MR600 covers the current AC1200 stand:
- IEEE 802.11a/n/ac 5GHz and IEEE 802.11 b/g/n 2.4GHz
- Dual-band WiFi 2.4GHz and 5GHz
- Signal rate: 300Mbps at 2.4GHz, 867Mbps at 5GHz
- Support encryptions: 64/128-bit WEP, WPA/WPA2, WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK
The WiFi can be activated or deactivated with the possibility to activate the scheduler/daily. The Archer MR600 creates a Dual Band WiFi network that can give you speeds up to 867 Mbps. The two 2.4 and 5 GHz bands provide optimized performance and minimize interference when streaming movies, downloading files, or listening to music. Thanks to two removable and advanced antennas and the latest wireless technology, you can enjoy stable connections, high speeds and good coverage.
TP-Link Archer MR600 Interfaces
Archer MR600 provides 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports including a LAN/WAN port that will allow you to connect your router to your fixed network provider if necessary. In this configuration, you can designate your WAN connection as the primary connection and define your 3G/4G connection as a backup connection in case of a failover.
TP-Link Archer MR600 functions
The operating system of the MR600 remains in line with other TP-link 4G Routers, therefore we find most of the expected features:
- Operating mode: 3G/4G Router, Wireless Router
- WAN Type: Dynamic IP, IP Static, PPPoE, PPTP (Dual Access), L2TP (Dual Access)
- DHCP: Server, Client DHCP list, Address Reservation
- Quality of service: Bandwidth Control
- Port forwarding: ALG, Virtual Server, Port Triggering, UPnP, DMZ
- Dynamic DNS: DynDns, NO-IP
- VPN Server: PPTN VPN, IPsec VPN, OpenVPN
- Security: DoS, IPv4 SPI Firewall, IPv6 Firewall, IP and MAC Address Binding, Access Control
- Protocols: IPv4, IPv6
- Management: TP-link Cloud, Local Management, Remote Mangement
- Administration: Upgrade Firmware, Default Factory, System Log, Diagnostic Tools
- Network Guest: 2.4GHz Guest Network x 1, 5GHz Guest Network x 1
TP-link MR600 Installation
The Archer MR600 requires no installation or configuration with software or apps, just plug in the power cable and insert your sim card to then start the router that automatically connects to the 4G network and distributes the signal via WiFi or the four LAN ports.
The TP-link Archer MR600 is of course compatible with TP-link OneMesh networks if you have compatible equipment. The 4G LTE router allows you to quickly get started on a wireless network wherever you are. The Archer MR600 is the perfect router if you are in the cabin, in a hotel or in a remote location and need access to WiFi. With Plug-and-play, just plug it in to get started. From the exhibition center to the caravan, the MR600 gives you what you need.