OPPO Find X2 Pro was available in a few days ago and we get this new phone now. We will check this new flagship phone from OPPO. Regarding the package boxing, the flagship monster has pretty much everything on board that you want at the moment and some of which you can’t even use.
In addition to the 5G smartphone itself, the packed content includes a transparent case, the usual paperwork, a SIM card needle, beautiful earphones including various attachments, a USB Type-A to Type-C cable and the 65-watt power supply, with which, the Oppo Find X2 Pro should be fully charged in 38 minutes.
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 865
- Display: 120Hz QHD + 10bit AMOLED with 6.7 inches
- Cameras: 48 MP (IMX689) + 48 MP ultra wide angle (IMX586) + 13 MP (periscope telephoto camera) + 32 MP front camera (IMX616)
- Memory: LPDDR5 12 GB RAM and 512 GB internal memory
- Charging technology: 65 W SuperVOOC 2.0 Flash Charge quick charge function
- Battery: 4260 mAh
- Software: ColorOS 7.1 based on Android 10
- IP68 certified (splash, water and dust proof)
- Supports W-iFi 6
- Dimensions: 74.4 x 165.2 x 9.5 (leather version – the ceramic is minimally thinner)
Oppo Find X2 Pro Appearance and Design
Due to the 6.7 inch display used, the smartphone (like almost all current smartphones) is no longer easy to operate in one hand. Oppo tries to compensate for this by pulling the phone a little longer and therefore a little narrower, but it is hardly possible to grip with your thumb from bottom to top without reaching back.
The orange-brown synthetic leather on the back does not allow the smartphone to slide away easily and also does not offer any surface for fingerprints. The golden metal frame between the back and the display makes the device look classy.
Oppo Find X2 Pro Processor and Memory
A Snapdragon 865 has been installed in the Oppo Find X2 Pro. This also applies to 5G. Apart from that, you have an enormous amount of memory in the Pro version. 12 GB of RAM and 512 GB of internal storage were installed here. We have to say that it’s fantastic in conjunction with the 120 Hz display mentioned above! Just drag large amounts of data from the computer to the internal memory – no problem. Scroll through the screens and large lists – nothing jerky! The OPPO Find X2 Pro performed very well and just did well as we expected for a high-end smartphone.
Oppo Fnd X2 Pro Display
The built-in 120 Hertz display with a processing rate of 240 Hertz is, to put it bluntly, a stunner! At 6.7 inches, it’s not exactly small, but the trend is simply towards smartphones with larger displays. Oppo is not left out.
The display supports the display of over 1 billion colors with HDR video optimization, video motion compensation and HDR 10+ certification. Every user should be satisfied with a resolution of 1440 x 3168 pixels (517 pixels per inch). The magnificent colors thanks to AMOLED and the absolutely smooth operation on the display is also a dream in everyday life.
If you want, you can also set from automatic to 120 Hz. Then you always get the full 120 Hz on the eye. Usually the screen brightness is 500 – 800 nit. However, if you watch an HDR film, the brightness can reach up to 1200 nit. Once the automatic is deactivated and the brightness is set to full carrot and the Find X2 Pro is so bright that it almost bothers the eyes.
The negative point of the display / design remains the rounded edge of the display. Like many other manufacturers, the Find X2 Pro initially offers various misinterpretations of inputs that are recognized, for example, by the ball of the thumb when the device is held. If you use the enclosed cover, these are minimized, but precisely because of this (and because of the color distortions at the “kink”), we would prefer to forego a curved display.
Oppo Fnd X2 Pro Battery
Thanks to the built-in charging technology (SuperVOOC 2.0), even the missing Qi doesn’t bother us. The smartphone charges so quickly with the included 65 W power adapter that it is enough to plug the thing in the morning before going to the bathroom and until you leave the house, the battery becomes full and ready to go.
As you can see, the tapped current is only briefly at 65 W and then drops continuously. In just under 40 minutes everything is over and the charger switches to trickle charging so that (if you charge overnight) you don’t get a half-discharged smartphone the next morning.
Oppo Find X2 Pro Cameras
Regarding the camera, the Oppo Find X2 Pro has also got some good hardware installed. A 32 megapixel punch-hole camera (IMX616) with the usual beauty algorithm has been installed on the front.
Oppo bored the camera app nicely. There is the mandatory AI today that recognizes which motif should be photographed and adjusts the settings accordingly.
Of course, we also find all possible other functions. From adjustable wide angle, zoom and hybrid zoom, to HDR, resolutions for photo and video and much more. We come to the far more interesting part, the camera module on the back.
Here we find the 48MP main camera, another 48MP ultra wide angle and a 13MP telecamera. The camera module is easily 1-2mm out of the body. This means that the smartphone also likes to wobble when you place it on a flat surface and tap it.
The 48 megapixel main camera turns 4 pixels into one. We already know this technology from other manufacturers and we really like the quality of the photos. The ultra wide angle is also chic and we like to use it on large objects / buildings.
Because it was requested in unboxing, we went straight to a less frequented place and compared the cameras of the Huawei Mate 30 Pro and the Oppo Find X2 Pro with the wide angle and the various zoom functions. Apart from the night mode, the Oppo Find X2 Pro also has a macro mode. But pretty much every current smartphone can do that.
Oppo Find X2 Pro: Android with OxygenOS
On the Oppo Find X2 Pro, OxygenOS 7 is pre-installed based on Android 10. Visually, it basically corresponds to the stock Android with just a few changes. Apart from 1-2 extra apps that can be uninstalled, no bloatware is installed.
The operating system itself was drilled out in some places and equipped with additional functions. Vibration patterns can be set, the animation and the sound of the fingerprint sensor below the touchscreen can be adjusted and much more.
Here we would say Oppo did everything right. The operating system was subtly but comfortably optimized on some ends of Android 10.
Oppo Find X2 Pro: What else?
- The speakers of the Oppo FInd X2 Pro are stereo (one is on the bottom and the speaker in the earpiece) and quite loud. Despite the small size of a speaker on a smartphone, I would say that you can almost feel and hear bass. 🙂
- The vibration motor of the Oppo Find X2 Pro is unusually strong and therefore unfortunately noisy. In very quiet conditions, it is almost disturbingly loud.
- There is a sidebar with shortcuts, which offers access to selected functions from every app. The detection point can be adjusted from right to left and also in transparency etc.
- The fingerprint sensor in the display reacts swiftly, with a chic animation and in my case is almost 100% accurate. We can hardly remember any unsuccessful attempts at recognition.
- The face unlock also works and can be set so that you no longer have to wipe it up. In our case, it was so good that the cell phone was happy to be unlocked when it was pushed into the shirt’s breast pocket. That’s why we switched on the additional wiping required.
- We let the missing Qi (Wireless Charging) pass because of the great, non-slip and visually appealing back and of course because of the battery that was charged in just under 40 minutes.
Oppo Find X2 Pro Conclusion
At the moment, we affectionately refer to the Oppo Find X2 Pro as the flagship monster. It has the latest Snapdragon, the large memory, the good cameras or the outstanding 120 Hertz display, in addition with the delicacies of convenient quick charging or good stereo speakers. It’s a good phone with high price.
In terms of price, Oppo Find X2 Pro plays directly on one level with the new Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra with a significantly higher level of awareness. We’ll see how things go with sales in the coming weeks.