Usually, the HUAWEI E5332 Mobile WiFi, also named HUAWEI E5332s-2, don’t need any setup and it would automatically connect to the network, the devices connected to this mobile WiFi and then surf freely.
However, sometimes, the HUAWEI E5332 mobile WiFi may can’t read the SIM card and it would not auto connect the network. So user need to setup and configure the HUAWEI E5332 manually. Below are the steps to guide the setup:
1. Plug the SIM card to device HUAWEI E5332
2. Power on HUAWEI E5332
3. Connect the WiFi device to HUAWEI E5332(the SSID and WiFi key are on the back cover inner part)
4. Land the web management page: 192.168.1.1
5. Log in by user name: admin, password: admin
6. After log in, under the column “Settings”, click “Quick setup”
7. Set up a name, the name could be any name per the preference and enter in the APN of the SIM card provider
8. Then click to next step, configure dial-up settings
9. Then next to configure WLAN Settings: SSID
10. Then next to configure WLAN WiFi Key, encryption code
11. The next to configuration Summary, confirm and click “Finish”.
12. After few seconds, HUAWEI E5332 could get connected with the network. And terminal could surf under this support.
This is the easy setup and configuration of HUAWEI E5332 Mobile WiFi. Hope this will help most of the users who are in trouble. But before this setup, user must confirm that the SIM card operator could provide the 3G UMTS bands at 900/2100 MHz, which means if there SIM card is running on the band 850/1900 MHz, it’s incompatible with the device. Or it can only work on 2G network.