Qualcomm Snapdragon X50 5G Modem
* World's first 5G modem
* 5 Gigabits per second peak download speeds
* Support mmWave and sub-6 GHz 5G spectrum
* 5G mmWave specs: 800 MHz bandwidth, 8 carriers, 2x2 MIMO
Availability: Out of stock
Qualcomm Snapdragon X50 is world's first 5G modem and is capable of download speeds of up to 5 Gbps which is 5x faster than the fastest 4G modem. The Snapdragon X50 supports 28 GHz mmWave spectrum initially, the very high frequency, short wave length kind of radio communication that has been associated with 5G. It is designed to support early 5G trials and launches on Verizon in the US, and in Korea with Korea Telecom.
Unprecedented wireless broadband speeds
Supporting up to 5 gigabits per second download speeds, the Snapdragon X50 5G modem can provide a vastly more immediate connection between the user and the cloud, opening up the possibilities of an entirely new generation of applications and services.
mmWave with mobility
The Snapdragon X50 5G modem, paired with up to 4 QTM052 mmWave antenna modules, supports advanced mobility features including beam forming, beam steering and beam tracking which are engineered to improve mmWave signal range and coverage, making mobile mmwave viable and ready for large-scale commercialization.
Designed from the ground up for mobile
The Snapdragon X50 5G modem is designed to support the next generation of mobile devices. When paired with a Snapdragon processor with an integrated Gigabit class LTE modem, the complete Snapdragon X50 5G platform can provide multi-mode 4G/5G capability via dual connectivity. In fixed wireless applications, the Snapdragon X50 5G modem can replace fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) installations with wireless 5G connections.
Qualcomm Snapdragon X50 5G Modem Specifications：
- 5G Technology: 5G NR
- 5G Spectrum: mmWave, sub-6 GHz
- 5G Modes: TDD, NSA (non-standalone)
- 5G mmWave specs: 800 MHz bandwidth, 8 carriers, 2x2 MIMO
- 5G sub-6 GHz specs: 100 MHz bandwidth, 4x4 MIMO
- mmWave Features: Dual-layer polarization in downlink and uplink, Beam forming, Beam steering, Beam tracking
- 5G Peak Download Speed: 5 Gbps